On this site, you find regulations and information from the Department of Computer Science regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. For the general regulation of RWTH, please check the RWTH Website and the RWTH Corona-News Blog.
All universities in NRW decided that no oral exam should take place before April 20th. Before that date, oral exams can only take place if they are done via a video conferencing system and if no physical contact is guaranteed. In addition, the board of examiners approve the oral exam as a hardship case. Students can apply here for a hardship case.
Postponed examinations are allocated to the winter semester 2019/20. If you complete your studies within the regular study period, this will be listed on the final documents and you have the option of requesting a grade cancellation. However, the completion date will be the actual date of the last exam.
Start of classes in the summer semester
Due to the Coronavirus, all attendance-based classes and courses will start on April 20, 2020. However, several events will already start with online concepts from April 6, 2020. Here you find the list of all computer sciences classes with their starting date and links with further information e.g. on the ode of operation.
The registration for the master’s program is still only possible until April 30, 2020. If, due to the later submission of a thesis, you cannot meet this deadline, there will be more options to use the master preference in these cases.
As of March 19 (at least until April 20, 2020), all processes relating to the administration of theses will be handled electronically.
The registration/deadline extension is done by entering in the database of the examination board. As soon as the current security regulations are lifted, the printing, signature, and mailing of the official letters will be made up for. Please therefore also hand in the originals as soon as they have been completely filled in and signed (PA Informatik, attn. Ms. Rensinghof). Until then, the issue/approval is subject to change.
The entry in the systems will most probably not happen in the upcoming weeks. Therefore, no deadlines will be visible in RWTH Online. You will receive a confirmation of the issue/deadline extension/renaming from the PA via email.
Registrations and other requests that are submitted only by post can actually not be processed due to the closure of all secretariats.
If you have individual questions that cannot be answered by reading the text below carefully, please send an email to email@example.com.
Registration of theses
- Please fill out the registration form completely and send a scan/photo of it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the reviewer’s signature is still missing, he/she should at least be in cc or have sent his / her consent to take over the supervision by email.
- If you do not have the form from ZPA yet, the registration can be requested by email, stating the following data (first name, last name, matriculation number, title of the thesis (EN and DE), 1st and 2nd reviewer). Registration is done subject to the conditional approval by ZPA.
Extension of deadlines
- Theses whose submission dates are set between March 16 and April 20, 2020 are automatically extended by four weeks. No separate request is required for this extension.
- Theses submitted by April 30, 2020 may count to the winter semester. Please note that for a submission in April you have to be re-registered for the summer semester.
- For other extensions, please use the appropriate form that can be found on the website of the Computer Science Examination Board (https://pa.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/list_en/). Please fill it out as far as possible and send it by email to email@example.com.
- Please use the corresponding form, which can be found on the website of the Computer Science Examination Board (https://pa.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/list_en/). Please fill it out as far as possible and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of theses
- If final theses have to be submitted while copy shops are still closed and can therefore not be printed, submission can be done in a digital version as a PDF by email to the supervisor and the PA in cc (email@example.com). The receipt will be noted and will be reported to the ZPA at a later date.
- The submission of printed copies still has to follow as soon as possible. In it, you have to confirm in writing that the printed version is identical to the digital one, that has been sent by mail earlier on.
- This regulation is expected to be valid until April 20, 2020.